Sunday, March 16

where did Saturday go?

So, I've been working on Saturdays now for 9 months. I've missed two Saturdays in that time, one when I was sick and one for my Grandma's funeral. What I'm trying to say here is, I have no idea what the heck Saturday is anymore. When I think back to pre-nine months ago I remember sleeping in, getting up, staying lazy, or doing something fun. Now, it's get up at 6:45, leave the house at 7:30, start work at 8, get off at 4:30. Basically working on Saturday's sucks. Not only is your Saturday gone, but your Friday night is gone also. I'm in bed Friday nights at like 11:00! Oh brother... The good news here is that right about the time Elizabeth and I get married, I won't have to work Saturdays anymore and I will have a real weekend for a change! Some of my favorite Saturday memories are of waking up early to go fishing or hunting, or just out to breakfast. The best thing about waking up early and going to breakfast when I was younger was that afterwards I, when my dad and I came home, would go back to sleep, or help him wash the car.

1 comment:

kylee said...

i hope you get a real saturday soon!
a few days and you'll be in namps right?!