Tuesday, March 11

the way things should be?

So I'm at school right now in nutrition class and learning about numerous benefits to coffee and caffeine. It's pretty impressive actually; reduces risk of Parkinson's disease, relieves headaches, helps the body burn fat, blunts the perception of pain, increases endurance, etc...

So this is my first post. I'm not sure what kinds of things I'm going to write on here, I'll probably just use it for things I'm thinking about and things I've been doing, like everyone else.

This first post I will use to explain the book I'm going to write, someday. This book is going to be somewhat like a Chicken Soup for the Soul. It's going to contain stories from people that tell "perfect experiences" or experiences they had that made them feel really good, and maybe made them say something like, "man, this is how things should be." For example, at the rescue mission a month ago, two girls from church Amanda and Joanna sat down next to an older (probably 60's) homeless man who was wearing a hat. Joanna has pink hair and this guy noticed it. "Does your friend dye her hair?" he said to Amanda. "Oh, nope! It's natural," joked Amanda. "Oh, well I dye mine," he stated. Now, Elizabeth and I were sitting right behind this guy and though he was wearing a hat we could see that his hair was dark brown and gray around the back and sides. "Really? Amanda replied, what color do you dye it?" The man said, "red." As Amanda and Joanna were kind of laughing and just going along with it the man proceeded to remove his hat showing that he did indeed dye his hair and it was very red, on the top. "OH WOW! YOU REALLY DO!" shouted Amanda, and the three of them started to laugh.

It was awesome, and so unexpected! Here is an older guy who I thought maybe wouldn't understand why people dye their hair or might think it was stupid, then revealed he died his too. Everyone had a big smile on their face and felt good afterwards.

This is the type of story I'm looking for for my book. I have a couple other stories too that I will use, but I would like to have 365 different stories by different people. If you have any and would like to have them in the book you can send 'em to me. wjohnson@pdx.edu

Thanks guys.

2 comments:

kylee said...

great book idea!
oh and in response to your tofu, I just haven't bought good meat from the butcher to prepare however I want...and since it's one of my favorites- i'm excited.
i'm glad you're blogging and look forward to hanging out in a couple weeks!
i've been prepping seth

Chris Spicer said...

reed, keeks and i think you should write more!